Saturday, August 4, 2012

MY LAST AND FINAL FINANCIAL HURDLE!

Let's take a moment to reflect on all that's happened so far on this journey that's barely begun: I heard about this program around November of last year through an online classmate studying abroad in Spain. I instantly realized that this was the type of chance that only fell in your lap once, if you were lucky. I told my mom about it - she didn't take me seriously at first, of course. And then, because my  mom is my all-time hero, she paid the preliminary admission fee and then it truly started. Around January my mother and I realized that the cost of this wouldn't be just the tuition fee, $13,000, but also a bucket load of other "hidden" expenses that would come up to $17, 500.
I remember my mother reading to me every night before I went to bed and helping with my homework every single day when I got home from school. She instilled in me a passion for learning, and made sure that I would be able to have a better future than she had and that I was given opportunities that were not offered to her. Even though I come from a low income family she has never allowed it to put a strain on the things that I strive for in life. Even though we needed to raised $17,500 for this to happen, she told me if I really wanted it we could find a way raise the money.


And because she amazing we raised $13, 500/. Now, our time is almost up and we down to our last hurdle. $4000! So much less that the initial $17, 500. Mymom has set up an account on indiegogo for us to raise the last of the money. It be great if you could donate or contribute. EVERY CONTRIBUTION can get something, even a dollar. Check it out: http://www.indiegogo.com/afsgermanyfund?a=980067


Even if you can't give money, I understand tight budgets more thatn anyone, tell your friends, share it on twitter/facebook/pintreast/ANYWHERE!
Please help me, I'm so close. If I don't raise the last of this money, I won't be able to go at all, and then my mom and I would have worked so hard for nothing. 


Please, Help Me Study Abroad with AFS Germany.
- janeen mickayla





No comments: