Thursday, July 5, 2012

PLACEMENT {prt.I} : I'll be living in Düsseldorf, Germany!

{Düsseldorf, Germany skyline}
I doubt that I can explain the rush of excitement and pure bliss that surged through my veins when I read the email,  AFS: You Have New Information About Your Permanent Host Family in Germany! I almost cried! The waiting is so very, very hard, I had been checking my email in ten minute increments for about two weeks now.  There is just so much for me to talk about and to look into that I breaking up all of this wonderful new into three parts. This part will be on my research of the town that my host family live in: Düsseldorf, Germany!

The city itself cam about around the 7th and 8th century and got it's name from theDüssel river. The settlement their became what is now the thriving city of Düsseldorf, Germany. It's very old city that is wrapped in a rich history and culture. It's a very family friendly town and its absolutely beautiful. I been in for a cool winter the ten months  I'm there. I'll never run out of things to do, that's for sure. 

The Altstadt, Shopping on Königsallee, 

Kunstsammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen, 

Boat Tour on the Rhein


There's an abundance of things to do and to see [and hopefully, if I can get an adequate camera, take lot of pictures for my porfolio]. I have this feeling that I am going to be very, very happy where I am.

- janeen mickayla

No comments: